Who the fudge is CAT-BABY?!

2 days ago, I changed my name on Facebook from "Anne Janica Catabay" to "Anne Janica Cat-Baby". As you folks can notice, the change wasn't too drastic actually. I only changed my surname. In fact, if you're not even sharp-eyed enough, I bet you won't even notice the "slight change" I did. It is because the names "CATABAY" and "CATBABY" really look alike. They have a huge resemblance, truly. The only thing about it is that a few letters are jumbled and rearranged. But as I said.. it's not too noticeable. I changed it, and the day I did, no one even seemed to become aware of that change. But the day after that when I went to school, certain people started greeting me with "HI CAT-BABY!" That moment I thought to myself, "Wow, they noticed" 'cause I could tell it from the way they greeted me. And today, people who identified me as "Cat-Baby" seemed to multiply. There were not too many of 'em, but there were a couple, I would say. I smiled at the "cute episode". I just thought it was an adorable thing going on. What's even funnier is that I kinda really "feel it" that it's my new moniker or somethin'. Like when I hear someone shouting it, I'd unhesitatingly turn around to respond to the energetic greeting.

WHY CAT-BABY?

Ofcourse, among the people who noticed the "cute change", the random curiousness of their minds also came along. Why CAT-BABY? Where did CAT-BABY come from? Who called you CAT-BABY? Are you a kitten?

I actually got the name from an online friend in Malaysia, named Nikki. :) Ya see, a couple of years back when I was still a Friendster-freak (as well as the other fellas were at the time), there were these different groups and fan pages and all those stuffies. And I was included in this group exclusive for WWE (wrestling) fans. And that was where I met her actually. Back then (up until now actually), I was super fond of making friends ONLINE. I wanted to talk to new people online and become friends with some of them, but I do make sure it's safe and I'd get no harm from these people. So yeah. This Malaysian girl originally named "Jueneke Wong" became my online pal, and we'd talk through YM very often, she'd even call me from Malaysia on my fudgin' cellphone ;") The first time we chatted, we kinda had small difficulties reading each other's names. I asked her how was her first name being pronounced.. And as far as I can remember it's pronounced as "YU-NAI-KEE". If I'm wrong, then you're the best and I'm the loser. But she did tell me that I could simply call her "Nikki". Then it was her turn to read my name. My full name was readable just right. But then Nikki told me that on first look, she actually misread my surname as "CATBABY" =)) Since then, she has called me "Cat-baby". We'd chat online, talk wrestlin', she'd call me on the phone and sometimes she'd even let me hear her piano pieces~ ;") I enjoyed everything.

But ya know what folks, change is just constant. And as time passed, we rarely talked, we spent less time talking, not because we wanted to keep it that way but it's just too hard to "cooperate" with your hectic and demanding schedule. I have never talked to her again like we did during those times. Friendster spirit had died, and I hadn't really got the chance to chat with her again. But 2 days ago, I remembered "Cat-Baby" and recalled who originally coined that name: Nikki. It all came from Nikki. I remembered her and it got me thinking: "What's up with this girl?" So tonight, I searched her up on Facebook and found her. I sent her a friend request, and it's now pending. I hope she'll accept it in no time and we'll be able to chat again soon enough. After about 4 years, maybe it's about time that we keep in touch again. 

One thing I'll admit, I'm no cat-lover. I never was. I've never been. I just.. don't like them at all. I don't know exactly why, but I think that the fact that I'm a huge dog-lover is one factor..but I ain't sure. But I have never really gotten a liking into cats. I've never really shown interest with those creatures. On a lighter note, I do admit that "Cat-Baby" sounds so adorable. I find it just even more adorable that it has a misreading thing with my surname. I actually think that's why others were amused by it too..'cause it's like, when you read it attached to my name you'll go like "Oh yeah that's sort of... 'APPROPRIATE'" It's a cute thing. ;")